Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My first kick boxing session!


Last night I went for my first kick boxing session at Kudo Academy in Marbella. I've known Carl and Danny for a couple of months now since they got involved with the magazine. When I first met them they were still in the process of building the dojo and purpose built centre - I remember the first time I went to see them, the place was in the early stages, and the difference now if fantastic. They've done an amazing job. Friends of mine have been reguarly going to classes for a few weeks and they absolutely love it! For my session last night there were two of us in the class with both Danny and Carl teachinhg, which was fantastic as I got to do lots of one on one with Danny and learn all the correct techniques of the various kicks and punches. I knew there'd be a lot of technique to the class and this was certainly true, with Danny constantly instructing "keep your hands up", "relax", "chin down"! I really enjoyed the session and will definately be back, I think it's one of those activities that you can quickly get hooked on. I felt a definate adrenalin rush whenever I performed a good kick or punch (yes there were a few!) and I felt very competitive within myself, not wanting to show myself up in front of Carl and Danny! Lots of people come to the Costa del Sol and set up businesses with various levels of commitment, (not always the best!) and Carl has certainly put a lot into the centre and is rightly gaining the benfits from it. Whether you want to genuinely learn some martial arts skills or just to do a fun exercise class in Marbella, I highly recommend Kudo Academy... tell Carl I referred you and I'm sure he'll give you an extra special welcome!

http://www.kudoacademy.com/

http://www.martialartsinmarbella.blogspot.com/

No comments: