Saturday, October 4, 2008

Fit Club day one!


This morning we had the first session of the IOH Fit Club at El Campanario Golf & Country Club. It is the only expert run weight loss club in Marbella that combines exercise with nutritional advice. The members arrived at 10am bright eyed and full of energy (well they arrived!), and were greeted with a healthy smoothie, fit and some nuts. Once they were settled, Nicola Drabble, our wonderful dietitian, handed out a few information sheets with advice and guidelines on healthy eating. She then asked if people wanted to have their body fat and weight measured, and everyone did! After the nutritional talk, we all proceeded over to the tennis court and volleyball area where Stan took us all through a group exercise class. With a combination of fun games (with some very amusing forfeights for the losing teams) and circuits, everyone worked hard but within their own ability. Stan Blair is great at getting people to have fun and actually enjoy the exercise sessions, this was very clear with the amount of laughing and giggling throughout! Amanda, seven months pregnant, joined in the entire session, giving plenty of motivation to the others in the group, with many saying "If she can do it then so can I!" This is the first IOH Fit Club and the entire sesion went without a problem, we all meet again on Wednesday evening for another exercise class and I think everyone is already looking forward to it!

2 comments:

SH said...

Week 1 at Fit Club and I've reached challenge 1 - I've managed to get out of bed in time to get started. Fellow members seem friendly (a little shy to start), but the team excel themselves in making everyone feel comfortable. Nicola kindly takes body measurements discreetly - no share and tell horrors - and I happilly register my 'obese' status on the diet sheet! - a girl doesn't have these curves for nothing! Stan's class was a gas - laughed my head off and ACTUALLY enjoyed myself - really good too was that I felt like I'd had a workout. Onwards and Inwards - my new mantra. Thanks guys

SH said...

Oh joys, I must correct my comment. I'm not obese, just nicely overweight - or so says my BMI and yes it really did say nicely!